Plastic in any form or of any quality is harmful to health, period. In a perfect world you would want to avoid exposure to all forms of plastic. Considering plastic lurks in every nook and corner of our lives, banishing it completely seems unrealistic and impractical.
But we can start with more awareness about the little ways with which we can reduce our exposure to plastic.
Some Facts about Plastic Pollution:
- The world usage of Plastic bags across the world is 500 billion.
- In the oceans worldwide, the plastic waste found is at least 8 million tonnes.
- 50% of the plastic that we all use are disposable or meant for single-use.
- The annual sale of plastic bottles is 1 million.
- The last decade (2007-2017) saw an intolerable usage of plastic. The production of the plastic world over was more than that of the whole last century (19th century)
- Plastic makes up 10% of the waste we generate. The figure may be small but it is like a slow poison which would eat up every corner of our happy life!
School has started campaign say no to plastic
- Students with the help of old newspapers prepared paper bags and distributed among the shopkeepers and street vendors and they made them aware how plastics can harm us and encouraged them to use paper bags instead plastics bags and they were guided to encourage their customers to bring cloth carry bags from their home and say no to plastic.
- Our students stopped using plastic water bottles.
- They have also stopped using use and throw plastic ball pens.
- Students are now using steel tiffin and avoiding use of plastic tiffin.
- To create awareness for say no to plastic nukkad natak was organized by school students.